Taught by: Carol Moonan & Marka Locker
Preparation and Supplies for making a Half Hexie Snowman Table runner:
1. White or White on White: You will need 4 strips, each at least 4 ½ x 18” long to make one table runner. A fat quarter will work. You will sub cut your strips using the half hexie template in class.
2. Blue: This could be all one fabric or assorted for a scrappy look. You will need either 8 pieces, each 4 ½” x 10” OR 4 pieces, each 4 ½ x at least 18”. You will also use the half hexie template to sub cut these in class. Also two, 5” squares cut from the same fabric. These squares will be placed beside the black “top hat” in the center of the runner. You could also make an hourglass, pinwheel, square in a square or other design, each measuring 5” if you prefer.
3. Black or dark for eyes, mouth and buttons: Scrap approximately 9 x 4” with lightweight fusible on the back.
4. Black for top hat: one 5” square and two pieces, 1 ½ x 14”
5. Orange for carrot nose: scrap approximately 3 x 4” with fusible applied for the 2 noses.
6. Batting: one piece 14” x 39” exact or 16” x 41”.
7. Backing: one piece, approximately 20” x 45”
Also bring your machine with neutral thread and basic sewing supplies, including a small sharp scissor to cut out the applique pieces.
You do not need to purchase the pattern to take this class. However, the pattern is available from Missouri Star Quilts at https://www.missouriquiltco.com/search?q=Half+Hexie+Snowman
and works well with scraps and fat quarters. The purchased pattern adds a 3 ¼” border, so would require an additional ¾ yard fabric, plus larger pieces for the batting and backing.
If you have a 10” half hexie ruler, please bring it to class to speed up the cutting.
Please cut your white and assorted blues into 4 ½” strips before class if possible. Note the minimum length. Feel free to share your assorted blue pieces with friends to achieve a greater variety.
If your fusible is already attached to your dark/black and orange scraps you will save time in class.
You can also make a single snowman wall hanging with additional pieces.
Please register for class using the form below
Limited to 15
No fee to members,$25 for non members.
Questions: Contact Carol Moonan: email@example.com or 703-946-6267.
Copyright © 2020 PebbleCreek Quilters - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy